Spring Break Recap

Freshman Anna Jones holding a kangaroo

A long-awaited spring break has finally happened, and many students were able to leave St. Louis, while others stayed home and became tourists in our own city. 

Senior Jeremy Forman visited Pensacola, Florida to see his grandparents. It was his last trip to his grandparent’s house because they are selling it and moving up to St. Louis so he was sure to soak up the Florida sun while he could. “They live on the water so I got to be outside a lot and enjoy the scenery.” Senior Konrad Bradt enjoyed a week in St. Louis. His two favorite things that he did were visiting the St. Louis Zoo and the St. Louis Museum. To visit both attractions you have to make reservations, and Konrad also made a reservation to explore the penguin house. He said, “It was fun to stay in St. Louis for a whole week and do touristy things.”

Junior Mia Hampel took a road trip to Butts, Missouri for a quiet getaway. She spent the day riding four-wheelers and walking around the river. She explained, “I had a blast spending time with my family and friends even though we didn’t go that far.” Junior Michael Myers had a stay-cation in Brentwood with his friends. A popular activity for Brentwood students includes having bonfires, and Myers did just that, and of course, followed by Andy’s Frozen Custard. He states, “I had a fun time hanging out with my friends even during the pandemic. It’s good to go out and socialize safely.”

Sophomore Simeon Cooper spent the break with his friends in Brentwood, and he recalls riding lime scooters around the Central West End was his favorite part. “We scootered around many tourist attractions like the Missouri History Museum and Forest park and I enjoyed going really fast on the scooters.”

Freshman Anna Jones visited Bonter, Missouri to check out a farm with her friends. She got to see many animals such as baby goats, cows, and llamas. I asked her what her favorite part was and she said, “I got to hold a baby kangaroo named Eve, and she was only 4 months old.”

Even though Spring Break has come to an end, it is time to finish off the school year strong. Next stop, summer vacation!