64°
The Student News Site of Brentwood High School

The Nest

The Nest

The Nest

5 student-made homemade snacks that are mostly edible

Are you having a midlife crisis? Teachers, I’m looking at you. If you are in that stage of life, you might be wondering if you have achieved anything or tried anything outside the norm. Don’t worry. Today, I’m here to help you try something new and perhaps achieve something as well.

These five unique foods from our student body will help you unlock some eccentric tastebuds or at least make yourself question why you made it in the first place. 

The “Corwin House Special” is a take on the classic grilled cheese. To set up this piece of art, you first need to take two slices of bread, then two slices of American cheese, and then according to the chef behind this, Ethan Corwin, “You can leave the plastic on the cheese if you want,  it doesn’t really affect the taste very much.” Personally, he prefers plastic without. First, you toast the bread then, for some reason, add the cheese and put it in the microwave to melt the cheese. Then serve with some form of yogurt and goldfish. 

Corwin House Special

Ingredients: 

• Two end pieces of bread (the heels)
  • Two slices of American cheese
  • Microwave
  • Goldfish
  • Yogurt (any type)

Most of the time, people are in a midlife crisis because they miss childhood, so to cheer them up or even yourself, make yourself a childhood delight. Eating ice cream alone is enough for most, but not for William Schuering; he grabs ice cream, preferably any chocolate type, and scoops twice. Then, he holds whatever candy he has and plops it inside. Then goes and sits on his couch while watching whatever shows he watches

https://www.sugarhero.com/dirt-pudding-cups/
Although this dirt worm cup is probably 20 dollars since it was made by sugarhero.com, this is what your dirt worm cup could look like.

Will Schuering’s Undisputed Ice Cream Abomination

What you need

• Any ice cream 
  • Any kind of gummy candy

If you have ever been to Boardwalk Waffle and Ice Cream in Maplewood, Phoenix Torno’s mid-day sandwich might be right up your alley. First, grab the bread and toast it for a minute or two. While things are getting fired up, grab your pickle-flavored ice cream so you can put it onto the bread as soon as it’s done. Once the sandwich is ready, put a hand full of seaweed flakes on the ice cream or two seaweed papers, but if you do use paper, crush it up. Then, enjoy!

Phoenix Torno’s Mid-Day Sandwich

What you need 

• pickle-flavored ice cream
  • Two slices of bread, Phoneix prefers bunny bread
  • seaweed paper or flakes
www.themediterraneandish.com
For only the richest kids these cucumber sandwiches could be made yourself if you make enough of these sandwiches, make sure to use this reference image, and if you want to see a bigger image go to themediterraneandish.com

If you want something simple, easy to make, and manageable, this snack is for you. Junior Danyielle Wren is Brentwood’s lil chef. She goes to South Tech so if she makes something, you must try it. First, you need bread; for this, any bread will work since you will cut the crust and then spread the mayo across the bread. After that, you can add some spices and or salt; the last ingredient is the cucumber. For most, it’s obvious, but you cut the cucumber into however big you want them, no larger than the bread itself, after adding the cucumber into the sandwich and enjoy.

Danyielle Wren’s Cucumber Sandwich 

Ingredients: 

• Cucumber                                                                                                                               
  • Mayo 
  • Bread 
  • Salt

For all the Italian people out there reading this, this new spaghetti could change your perspective on this dish forever. First, grab the spaghetti noodles and boil them like you would normally. Afterwards put diced tomatoes with their seeds in with the drained noodles. Then put some parsley and “whip” it up a bit. Then add some sundried tomatoes and olive oil in. After all that, you put mozzarella cheese all over it. If you want to ask more about this spaghetti ask David whenever you see him in the halls.

David Wallace’s Perfect Spaghetti

Ingredients:

• Noodles
  • Diced tomatoes with their seeds
  • Parsley
  • Sundried tomatoes
  • Olive oil
  • Mozzarella

Well, we here at The Nest hope you enjoyed these fascinating food concoctions. But, if not, we hope you at least survived them.