73°
The Student News Site of Brentwood High School

The Nest

The Nest

The Nest

What’s in your trunk?

If you think about it, a trunk can tell a lot about a person such as what they’re interested in, what they value or simply what they completely forgot about.

If you think about it, a trunk can tell a lot about a person such as what they’re interested in and what they value. However, people tend to neglect their trunks, which gives plenty of opportunity for a bunch of weird stuff to pile up. So today we’re exploring the contents of several trunks belonging to the car owners of Brentwood High School. Get excited!

The people we interviewed had some pretty interesting things stored in their trunks. Madden White-Schnarr (11) showed off his baseball bat, equipped with a weight in the middle. “ It does absolutely nothing,” he admitted.

College and Career Counselor Mrs. Diaz showed off her cardboard emoji costumes, which have allegedly been hiding in her trunk since 2021. “ They’re there in case of emergency,” she said with a laugh.

Senior Will Schuering gingerly held up a box of country fried chicken and gravy (a product that’s supposed to be frozen).   “It’s been in here since I bought it, which was two years ago,” he confessed. He promptly discarded the box after the interview.

Band teacher Mr. Krener gestured to a mostly empty trunk. “All I have in here is music stuff,” he said, pointing to a folded music stand. “Nothing super weird.”

This just goes to show you never know what could end up in someone’s trunk! So, if you own a car, this is your sign to do some much-needed exploring. Who knows? You may find last year’s Halloween costume, or maybe even an expired box of frozen chicken!