63°
The Student News Site of Brentwood High School

The Nest

The Nest

The Nest

Honoring our baseball senior!

The Eagles Varsity baseball team only has one senior this year, Trenton Mitchell, a pitcher who has significantly impacted the team since his freshman year. Before the season comes to a close, The Nest wanted to highlight his impressive baseball career. 

Trenton Mitchell (12) extends his arm to throw the ball to the pitcher. (Jennifer Simon)

Trenton Mitchell has been playing baseball his entire life. Once he saw his brothers playing the sport, he immediately became interested. In professional baseball, Mitchell looks up to MLB (Major League Baseball) player Fransisco Lindor, a shortstop for the New York Mets. “I like the way he carries himself and his style of play,” said Mitchell.  

In Mitchell’s first year on the high school team, he stole 14 bases in one season. Throughout his last three seasons, Mitchell stole 36 bases in 43 games, leading the team all three years. “My amount of stolen bases is the biggest accomplishment I’ve made on this team,” Mitchell said. Over his last three seasons, Mitchell has always maintained a batting average of over .290, another impressive feat. 

Even though Mitchell has been recruited to play baseball in college, he’s decided not to, but Mitchell enjoys the memories he’s made with his teammates. “There’s a lot of good ones, I can’t pick just one,” he said. As to advice he’d give to his younger teammates? “I’d say to have fun and have a good time on the team.”