66°
The Student News Site of Brentwood High School

The Nest

The Nest

The Nest

Meet Mr. Gordon!

Mr. Gordon sits with his dog!

Mr. Gordon is a new teacher here at Brentwood High School who teaches both health and gym classes to middle and high schoolers. This is his fourth year as a teacher, starting right after the pandemic struck the country. Because of this, he began as an online gym teacher for K–5, and after that, he taught for two years in the city at McKinley Middle School. “Teaching is amazing,” said Gordon. “You get to see them from we little sixth graders to, you know, becoming that full, almost full adult, where they’re ready to go into the next stage of their lives.”

Mr. Gorden has an extensive sports background, coaching both middle school and high school basketball, cross country, and track and field. In high school, he played football until he found out he was not very good at football, then switched to soccer in middle and high school. He also did cross country and basketball throughout high school and college. He runs for enjoyment, especially with how much he enjoyed running in college. Mr. Gordon had some impactful coaches in his life, so he decided to use their programs to help coach future generations. “I just kind of molded their models into what I wanted and I am now using it to kind of help the future generations,” said Mr. Gordon. 

Mr. Gordon has two dogs, each three years old, both German Shepherd mixes. He grew up in a small town in Missouri called Bashir but attended high school in Kirksville, near Truman State University. He loves hiking and backpacking. He also really enjoys exploring all the nature he can in the St. Louis area. Besides that, he enjoys being outside doing anything with his two rambunctious dogs.